Sunday 27 May 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWMBceYhrAs Kanaka, my mother but more than that an artist and a passionate human being...... its her studio, her work and her kind of music which Ravi shah put on you tube. Kanaka feels stone is as smooth and as abstract as stone..... Kanaka's love for stone is like relationship that I learnt and am living with.... my music....Kanaka had and has always scared me of marriage with mortal men, which is still a nightmare for me. As a child if would not practice she would scare me saying "I will get you married off to brainless men like majga" (a distant cousin who was preoccupied with eating, a bramhin practice) and I would practice 12 hours a day which of course I have reduced to two to three hours a day now. Even today she works 6 hours a day and she has made me to work at least round the clock. Kanaka and stone is like sumathi and swaras.... for me in my life. Last Sunday she was awarded Nadoja R.M.Hadapad Award which she feels is much more bigger than the state award, she made a statement on a video clip which was shot by Vishwanath (a dear friend and a film maker). She stated "If women can lift their children, a woman can as well lift a stone and work on it, what is a the big deal and difference". After getting into politics I had always tried to frame her into a box and she always escaped like Desi Todi that I practiced for time I have known her. Neither can you frame Desi Todi nor Kanka Murthy. Last time when she did the Sapta Rishis she was sick of the same faces so she created a Rishi in mangolian race and today that rishi sculpture seems to be giving special grace in Tapovana. Once my teacher Pandit Ramarao Naik said that if you love your art beyond conditions you will treat it like a love relationship where there is humor and real life expressions.... and so Kanaka can bring out these expressions with her sculptures...... I love kanaka ...... more than mother ..... an artist who is creative mad crazy and most imaginative than a mother!!!!!..... Love you Kanaka

1 comment:

  1. The ultimate expression in a human being is parenthood. The similarity in parenthood can be experienced in music or for that matter in any art. For example like in music physically mother and father are like instruments, motherhood and fatherhood are the music. When explored it is space of love, and in that space where ever wondered there is only love, love and love blossoming with inherent ownership. When parenthood is experienced not confined to one's own children but matures towards entire human beings then parenthood attains transcendental form. An experience of sublime bliss both in thought and thinker.

    ReplyDelete